Sunday 31 January 2010

Sunday 31st January 2010

Very cold this morning allowing me to take my normal Kempston/Biddenham Loop walk along the river with the ground frozen. The first drumming Great Spotted Woodpecker was heard in the woods downstream from Kempston Mill, no Stock Dove this morning though.

The usual 3 Mandarins were at the Mill, taking advantage of the free grain but also taking a battering from the local mallards.

At Box End Park Cormorants were the order of the day with at least 16 seen but possibly 20+.

A group of 20 Skylarks went up over the new building site as I made my way back towards Kempston Mill and groups of 8 and 2 Cormorants were seen heading towards BEP where they dropped in.

Back at the steps up to Hillgrounds ~30 Redwing flushed into the trees as I ascended.

No comments:

Post a Comment